OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
- By visiting our Website or using any of our Platform, you agree to your personal information being used and disclosed in the manner set out in this Policy.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN'S PRIVACY:
THE PURPOSE AND USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
- This policy applies to all information collected or submitted on and by the PIF The Platform and its associated services allows you to support through funds, services, and or gifts-in-kind and/or to publish fundraising projects by charitable and/or Non-Government Organizations (NGO) organization’s as listed on the Website.
- The types of personal information we collect are as follows:
- Certain limited information such as your browser type and IP address;
- Certain personal and private information such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
- Basic contact information about you that is required to set up your account so you can make donations or raise funds;
- limited information such as a username and password so you can gain secure access to your account in the future;
- Basic personal details from a secure online source such as Google, Facebook, PayPal to which you have already provided this information.
- We collect information that you provide us when you register to the Platform or when you communicate with others through the Platform, including any personal information such as your contacts, email addresses, calendar, photos/videos and any other content available therein that becomes available to us when you access the Platform through your social networks’ accounts, your email providers’ accounts and other third party service providers (in accordance with your privacy settings on any such third party services). Only you can initiate and control the access to your third party service accounts and the actions engaged in them through the Platform. We do not and will not store your accounts password.
- We use the information you provide upon registering to the Website and its services for the following purposes:
- When displaying the information regarding you and/or your fundraising projects in the Platform.
- In order to deliver and improve the Website's services.
- We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our Website and to share with advertisers.
- To send updates about donation status; to send updates about Beneficiaries campaign status; and to allow Beneficiaries to send newsletters and engage with their Donors.
- If you choose to login via Facebook we will obtain access to your public profile information and email address.
DONATIONS AND FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGNS THROUGH THE PLATFORM
- We may also collect details of the Beneficiaries or not-for-profit organizations that you are supporting.
- Anonymous donations are available through the Website. In such a case the account information will be used only for authentication purposes during the payment process and will not be disclosed to the beneficiary party.
METHODS OF INFORMATION COLLECTION
- Your username, contact details, full name and Email address are saved on our database when you sign into our service. This information may sometimes be used by us to communicate with you but will not be used for non-related direct mailing lists.
Internet Protocol ("IP") Files
- We may monitor the movement of users on our Website by logging IP address and tracking additional standard non-personally identifiable information relating to internet traffic.
- We take every precaution to protect user information. When a user submits sensitive information through the Platform and/or our Website, it is protected both on-line and off-line with SSL technology. Access to all personally identifiable information is kept in company offices, and only those employees who need this information to perform specific jobs, including customer service representatives, are granted access to it. The details that users elect to post during the registration procedure or thereafter become the property of PIF upon their receipt.
- Though we invest significant resources to protect your personal information, from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorized or unintended access that is beyond our control.
- You must not use our services to send unsolicited 'spam' messages.
CORRECTING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
How Can You Access or Correct Your Information?
- You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by contacting us by email at email@example.com or by using the management tools in the Application. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request or by yourself as described. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
- Questions about this privacy statement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.